The Data Protection Laws give you various rights regarding the way in which we store and use your information. These are set out below in the section “Your rights under the Data Protection Laws”.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Laws, the data controller is:
Verticality Ltd t/a EasyWeb Group
Units 15-17 Strixton
Northamptonshire NN29 7PA
ICO Registration Number: Z8069187
|“Account”||means a user account set up by a Candidate via the Website.|
|“Candidate”||an individual who provides us with Personal Data for the purpose of considering and/or applying for jobs.|
|“Personal Data”||information from which the identity of a living individual may be determined. Examples of Personal Data include (but are not limited to) first and last name, home or other physical address, email address, phone number, work history and other contact information.|
|“Visitor”||an individual visiting our Website.|
|“Website”||means EasyWeb’s websites including
|“you”, “your”||anyone who interacts with our Website, including Candidates and Visitors.|
SECTION 1: GENERAL
This section applies to everyone who visits, or otherwise interacts, with our Website.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by setting a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, tablet, smartphone or other device. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on the hard drive of your Device for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies via your browser’s “clear cookies” function. Please see www.allaboutcookies.org for more information about blocking cookies on your particular web browser.
We collect and store information about your Device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is anonymous statistical data about your browsing activities and patterns, and does not contain any Personal Data.
What we share with third parties
We use analytics technologies provided by Google Analytics and other third parties. This involves cookies being set via our Website, which then collect information about your usage of our Website. This information is anonymous and does not contain any Personal Data.
Data Protection Service
You can obtain further information about data protection and privacy laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at: https://ico.org.uk/for-thepublic/.
SECTION 2: CANDIDATES
This section describes what information is collected by EasyWeb from Candidates, and how that information is used by EasyWeb.
What information we collect from you
When you register with us (whether via the Website or otherwise), we collect and store certain pieces of Personal Data and other information relating to you, including:
- Full name
- Contact details, including email address
- Work history, education, skills, experience, and any other information included in your CV
- Details of job preferences
- Answers to questions that we pose to ascertain your suitability for the job for which you are applying
We also collect and store information relating to when and how you use the Website, including (but not limited to) activity data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, although we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data as part of these activities.
Where, how and for how long we store your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will store your Personal Data for no more than one year after you stop actively using your Account, at which time your Personal Data will be irretrievably deleted.
How we use the information that we collect from you
We use information collected from you to provide the functionality of the Website. We also use the information:
- To contact you to help you with your job searching and other recruitment-related requirements. This includes forwarding your information to a prospective employer where you have applied for a job, or contacting you about vacancies that we think may be of interest to you.
- Where you are applying for a job with a prospective employer, to contact you to ask whether you want to provide that prospective employer with information that you provided in connection with a previous job application.
- To communicate with you on matters relating to your Account or to the Website, or to send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think may be of interest. You may request that we stop using your information for direct marketing purposes at any time and without giving any reason.
- To help us improve the Website.
- To help understanding recruitment behaviour and improving processes. This involves us combining your anonymised information with anonymised information provided by other Candidates.
Updating your information
You can edit any of the information in your Account. It is your responsibility:
- To protect against unauthorised access to your Account.
- To log-off from your Account when not using it.
- To keep your log-in details secret.
What information we share with third parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group of companies.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If EasyWeb or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our contractual rights; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of EasyWeb, our stakeholders, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Except as set out above, we do not share your Personal Data with any third parties.
Your rights under the Data Protection Laws
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Laws, including:
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to be told what Personal Data we hold about you on our database and how we process that data.
- The right to request that we provide you with a copy (in a commonly used electronic format) of all the Personal Data that we hold about you. Unless you make repeated requests, we will not charge a fee for providing you with a copy of this data.
- The right to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data that we hold about you.
- The right to request that we irretrievably delete all Personal Data that we hold about you (the so-called “right to be forgotten”). Note that there are limited circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse to comply with this request.
- The right to request that we transmit all the Personal Data that we hold about you (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form) to another organisation’s IT environment. Note that we are only legally obliged to comply with this request if it is technically feasible for us to do so.
Should you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by post at:
Units 15-17 Strixton
Northamptonshire NN29 7PA
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you exercise any of the above rights, then we will action your request as soon as reasonably practical and, in any event, within one month. You understand that the exercise of any of the rights listed in 2 – 6 means that we will be unable to continue to provide you with our recruitment services.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites which may be of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should exercise caution, and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.